So then we moved on to the "how" of education. I believe that I personally have been given some insight into how to educate my children through a simple illustration. At a time when I was seeking to know the "hows" of education, I started to think of education in terms of a stewardship. I felt impressed to understand what those stewardships were, and to break them down into certain categories. I came up with seven. They are: FAITH, BROTHERHOOD, BEAUTY, BODY, EARTH, LIBERTY and SCIENCE. At the same time I was figuring these divisions out, I was also studying a little about Celtic knots, and found there was a figure that was a continual and overlapping ring of loops that had seven loops in it, and it had no beginning and no end. I chose this figure to represent our stewardship education, with each loop taking on a different category of stewardship, yet all of them intertwined on a single endless rope. It represents the eternal perspective of education as well as the wholeness and interconnectedness of it.

Each stewardship is broken down into the different pieces that give us education. For example under LIBERTY we learn about history, government and the the things that make us free- such as being able to read, write and use proper grammar. Then I have certain books to read and programs to use at different ages under each category. It is really well thought out and planned. I am really good at the thought and planning, but not so good at the follow through. Therein lies my weakness- yet in the Lord lies my strength.
I still believe that this life is a journey, with lots of bumps and twists and turns. We will get through it and get educated with faith and God on our side.
Such a beautiful ring. It reminds me of eternity. Thank you for the reminder to bear witness of truth to our children. We never know what an impact the Spirit can have on our lives! Beautiful. You inspire me.
ReplyDelete