Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Menu posting

I've had a few people ask me what we eat, and how I make a menu.  I am a bit of a will o' the wisp, and will hardly stick to the same thing for very long (as is evident by my leaving off blogging for many months.)  But I thought I might post some menus on here that we are currently eating- as if it were something exiting to share!!  Oh, well.  Who reads this anyway?  I usually only plan the breakfast and Dinner for each day and lunch is either leftovers, salad or some kind of sandwich. Also, I am trying to just have a fixed breakfast menu with a raw/ more healthy food option like:
Mon: Yogurt parfaits-- or just raw fruit, maybe with raw granola or cashew cream
Tues :  Eggs and toast-- or raw banana boats
Wed:  Porridge-- or a raw porridge or muesli
Thur:  Scrambled eggs/ veggie omelets-- or raw salad or smoothie

Fri:  English muffins-- or a raw porridge again
Sat:  Pancake variations -- or a smoothie or manna bread if I make it
Sun: Bagels --or a green smoothie

Generally I want my raw breakfasts to contain a lot of fruit and greens, and raw or sprouted nuts or grains.  I usually eat my porridge with a lot of fruit on top, and sometimes I just put the whole thing on salad greens.  I sometimes make my Green Smoothie Salad for breakfast which is just Arugula, mango and blueberries mixed together-- I invented it once when I was going to make a smoothie with those ingredients, but I decided to just eat is as is, and I never have made it into a smoothie.  I don't add any dressing, just chop the arugula really fine.  I've done it with other fruits and greens too, but this is my favorite combo. 

I usually make my own nut milks and coconut milk for putting on my porridge.  There are thousands of recipes out there for doing that.  I don't have a nut milk bag, I just bought a pair of nylon knee highs and use those, but they get holes easily, so I should probably get a nut milk bag.  Perhaps I will post some of my recipes I have collected and use on Ariane's Cooking Dilemma.  For this week I only planned 3 meals because we are going camping over the weekend, and one of the meals was a birthday, so not very healthy.
Here it is anyway:

Monday Breakfast:Yogurt parfaits-- I had a smoothie
Dinner:  Beets and cabbage  with Kasha

Tuesday Breakfast: Eggs and toast-- I had banana boat
Dinner: Eleanor's birthday party with Cowboy Beans, cornbread, veggie tray, watermelon, Cake and ice cream.

Wednesday: Was supposed to be muesli (cooked and raw) but I forgot to soak it last night, so it was bagels, and I had a watermelon and lime smoothie and a nectarine (should've had more greens!)

Dinner: veggie wraps with peanut sauce and leftover brown rice I have frozen.

That's it.

No comments:

Post a Comment