Monday, February 14, 2011

On Hearts and Valentines

Everett had an appointment with the cardiologist yesterday. I thought it was a little ironic that Valentine's day was the day his doctor chose to come up from Salt lake. The news isn't great. His Pulmonary stenosis may be progressing a little, so the doctor wants us to come to Salt Lake for a sedated echocardiogram. We were told not to worry too much, but still, I would rather the news be better.

My mom reminded me (via her blog) about how Valentine's day is my great, great grandfather's birthday: William Valentine Walker. We re-read his story last night for Family Home Evening. It was fun to hear my grandfather's written voice telling his remembrances of his Grandpa.

I've been wanting to post a lot more, but with a babe in arms I do not always have my hands free. But I have been keeping busy. Cora is going to take part in a Shakespeare play that will be performed at the end of the school year. They are performing "A Comedy of Errors," and she will be Aemilia the abbess. I am working with the younger kids in our homeschool group to put on a puppet show as a pre-show. We will be performing "Heckedy Peg." It is a cute little story about a mother and her 7 children who get kidnapped by a witch. My friend Jane built the whole puppet show and all the puppets for it years ago when her kids were young. They used to go around Denver and perform it to raise money for their music camp. It was wonderful for her to let us borrow it.

I will have to post pictures later.

No comments:

Post a Comment