Wednesday, March 11, 2015
I Spy
Can you see what I see??
It is difficult to see.
This was taken at 5:30 this morning.
There are lots of reflections in the window from the spotlight I was using.
This is something that likes to eat my duck and chicken eggs.
It also eats up old mouse guts that the cats have left around.
It is black and white and stinky.
Have you guessed yet?
Maybe this will help.
Yup. It's a skunk. I watched him (or her) slink across the yard in the dark this morning. It's probably living in our culvert again. Ugg! Sometimes country life just isn't pretty. A couple years ago we had a family of skunks living there. We think the mother ran off and got killed because one evening we came out and found some baby skunks playing and looking disoriented in our ditch. They were probably starving. The kids wanted to keep them as pets. Uh! No Thanks! They were cute little stinkers.
Now the gory part-- don't read if you have a queasy stomach. Rich whacked them over the head with a shovel. Then we buried them. They sure stunk after getting whacked. They would have most likely died of starvation or gotten killed anyway, and I'm not in the business of animal rescue-- especially skunks!
Labels:
Homesteading
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment