Monday, December 13, 2010

A bit of summer love


I found this picture among my files yesterday, and remembered the day that I took it. The week we were moving to our new house (it was late July) I went out and harvested some of the fruits of my garden. They were rather small and some underdeveloped, but I had to have some of them. It was hard leaving a maturing garden behind, and even harder knowing I wouldn't get to taste of the fruit of my labors. So I took a picture to remember what I had grown.

We left a lot more than that. I hope the new owners enjoyed it or even took care of it. I didn't get to harvest any other vegetables this year, but I did have nice neighbors who shared their winter squashes, tomatoes and baseball-bat-sized zucchinis (I think every gardener needs to have someone to pawn those to) and we enjoyed each one. Also my mother brought peaches and tomatoes and more zucchini. Having that shared produce was so wonderful that I plan on finding someone that I can share the bounty of my garden with in the future. I think that is the beauty of a garden. There is usually enough to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment