Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Of all Gods beauty, here confessed. . .

I sliced a mango to share with Eleanor and Cedric. It was a small mango and ended up in quarters, so I told them the last slice was for Everett and I would eat it for him. Then Eleanor says "Oh, like Binker?" (It is a poem by A. A. Milne about an imaginary friend) Then she more or less recited:

"Oh, Binker wants a chocolate, so could you give me two?"
And then I eat it for him, 'cos his teeth are rather new.

I love poetry. I love how it seethes into your soul. It feeds something inside of you and then poses on your tongue, just waiting to be used. Then when it has become a part of you it drips out in your sentences and gives life to your words. Words are so much more when they are poems.

I think that when God speaks His words are perfect, and beautiful, like a poem. They only become wrested and muddled by Man. I am so glad that we can be perfected in all ways, even in our words, and become like God.

Some of my favorite poetic words that have truly become a part of me are timely for the season:

"For unto us a child is born,
Unto us a son is given:
And the government shall be upon his shoulder:
And his name shall be called Wonderful,
Counselor,
The mighty God,
The Everlasting Father,
The Prince of Peace."

Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. Oh! You are so BEAUTIFUL! Your words are uplifting and enriching! I miss you and your family!

    ReplyDelete