Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Quoatmeal

Today at breakfast I made some oatmeal, but I mixed in some Quinoa flakes that I had purchased for a recipe. Cedric said that it should be called quoatmeal. I thought that was cute.

I am baking bread today. I am supposed to do it on Tuesdays, but I forgot to start my sourdough on Monday, so it got bumped to today. Today is my housecleaning day, so you would think we would have made up for it yesterday, but we didn't. I still have a mental block about cleaning that I need to get over, and it came back when I had the excuse of pregnancy and new baby. I think I can handle a little bit more cleaning than just the daily stuff now. I just need to convince myself that I can.

My mom has been talking to me about this Happiness Project she is trying to do. I keep saying uh-huh, and shrugging it off because I don't want another project. But I was thinking about it yesterday after talking with her on the phone, and wondering if I should consider doing some "goal setting" to give myself a kick start again. I can do something for a month can't I? Or even a week if a month sounds too oppressive. In scouts we are supposed to have a monthly focus at our meetings, so I can focus on one virtue for a while. I was thinking about health and fitness because I have not been thinking about that at all after gestational diabetes. Last night as we all knelt down to pray as a family, while Rich was waiting for everyone to come he started doing some stretches for his back because it was hurting after shoveling snow. I thought about how I could do 10 minutes of stretching every evening for a month, and that wouldn't kill me.

So is this a commitment? I guess it is as good as any commitment. I will write about how it goes.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I'll be a virtual exercise buddy if you want! I'm needing to get back on the wagon myself. Going to try and NOT let moving to Chile next week throw me off. and the blog looks great! You're already a pro.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats, your blog is great. Love it. I want to do one, too. That may be one of my happiness projects soon. This month is My attitude determines my altitude. Original, huh? One day has already gone by while I was trying to decide what to tackle in the month of Dec. I didn't do Dec 1 too well, but it did determine my choice. Working on Christmas attitude, Anger management, etc. I can do this. You can, too, You are so good at acheiving goals. God Bless.

    ReplyDelete