
Bryan O'lin had no breeches to wear,
So he bought him a sheepskin and made him a pair.
With the skinny side out, and the woolly side in,
"Ah, ha!" that is warm!" said Bryan O'lin.
Here is my one month old little Everett laying on his "Bryan O'lin" I had been wanting to get a little sheepskin for him to lay on in our drafty house to keep him up out of the draft and give him some extra warmth. I told my mom about it and she said she had one he could use. I remembered her having a few of them when we were growing up, and I knew one was pink and one was white. I told the kids that Grandma was bringing one for us to use, and I said I hoped it wasn't the pink one. But that is the one she could find, so hopefully it doesn't mess up his boyishness to lay on a pink sheepskin!
Babies are so sweet. My favorite part about the first few months is that this is the time that they learn how to smile. I think it is really the first thing they learn how to do. Everett is really trying hard to figure it out. See:
I think he almost has it. He gets his eyes all excited, but his mouth won't cooperate. Then his mouth scrunches up and his eyes won't work. He will get it one day.By the way, I have been doing stretches every night this December. Rich has joined in with me. I also took a walk today. I walked out in our yard, trudging through the deep snow, around the perimeter. I saw many deer, dog and pheasant tracks. I think that deep snow makes your walk count for twice as long because it is twice as much work. I was huffing and puffing. But I know I really need to do something more, and I will. This is a good start.
We hope to see you when you are down for Christmas and that we get to meet Everett. Your blog is taking shape nicely.
ReplyDeleteMark
What a cutie! Maybe if mom finds the white sheepskin you could send the pink my way. j/k. Esther is doing the same things, I always laugh because she doesn't really seem to look at me sometimes when she smiles and I wonder what she is smiling at. Babies are fun but a lot of work.
ReplyDelete